What is the best sport for back pain?
Back pain can be very annoying. Maybe that's why you don't feel like exercising, while that can be good. Just make sure you choose the right exercises and do them properly. It is especially important to strengthen the core. Beware of provocative movements such as twisting, bending, and bending the lower back sideways.
Causes of backpain
Back complaints can have many different causes and the intensity of the complaints can also differ. Do you have serious complaints, including loss of urine, numbness in the riding breeches area and/or loss of muscle strength in your legs? Then contact your doctor.
- Wrong posture
- Incorrect control
- Compression Osteoarthritis
- Other (radiating pain from organs or tumours)
However, the most common are a specific back problems. This means that there is no clear cause for back pain. It may be due to incorrect control. It is then important to ensure that you first have a good posture before you start exercising. This way you can safely exercise with back problems. Your base stabilization is important!
Exercise basic stabilization for back problems
- Sit like a ballerina / make an imaginary string on the top of your head.
- Tighten your transverse abdominal muscle by pulling in your navel slightly.
- Tighten your deep back muscles by making yourself tall.
- Tighten your pelvic floor and relax again.
- Ensure a neutral position of the pelvis, so do not tilt.
- You should still be able to talk and breathe calmly.
Sports with back problems
What is the best sport for back problems? You can actually do all sports. The most important point of attention when exercising with back problems is that you do not exercise through the pain. Listen to your body and learn your own limits. Build up slowly, then it is sustainable and you can safely strengthen your core. You can then slowly improve your posture and reduce your back problems.
Points for attention during sports with back problems
- Basic stabilization and relaxation.
- Slower and/or smaller movements and build up from there.
- Deep breathing also for relaxation.
- Relaxation exercises.
- Attention to stretching.
Sports with back problems at bbb health boutique
Our physiotherapists and coaches have created a special program for women with back problems. Ask the coaches about it. Do you want to give it a try and you are not a member? Book a trial lesson and opt for a personal workout.