healthy coco snacks
For a snack, treat yourself to these delicious coco snacks. A treat that's not too sweet and ideal for in between meals or after your (online) workout!
This is what you need for about eight pieces
- 50 gram grated coconut and about 20 gr extra to roll the balls in
- 60 gram buckwheat flakes. Oatmeal is also possible!
- 40 gram chickpeas (from a pot)
- 140 gram fresh dates (without pit)
- juice and rind from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon
This is how you make it
Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until fine. The mix doesn't need to be really smooth but can have chunks in it. Place the rest of the grated coconut on a plate. Make about eight balls from the mix. Place the balls one for one in the grated coconut and press/roll slightly.
Place the balls in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Then they are ready to eat! Keep the balls covered in the freezer.
Recipe & photo: Anna van Neerven
This recipe is inspired by The Green Happiness