Creamy healthy broccoli soup with almond milk and pumpkin seeds
Do you fancy an easy, healthy and nutritious soup? This creamy broccoli soup with almond milk and pumpkin seeds is healthy and thick and creamy.
What you need (4 portions)
- 2 medium broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 spring onions, cut into rings
- 2 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 400 ml boiling water with 1 vegetable stock cube
- 350 ml almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- topping: handful of pumpkin seeds (optional)
How you make it
Heat a pan over medium heat with a little coconut oil. Fry the garlic, ginger and spring onion for about two minutes. Add the vegetable stock, almond milk and broccoli and let the soup simmer for about ten minutes. Remove the pan from the heat when the broccoli florets are soft. You can test this by poking the florets with a fork. Remove the pan from the heat and puree the soup smooth with a hand blender or in the blender. Then pour the soup into bowls with some salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top for a bite.
All recipes from bbb health boutique are tasty, healthy and plant-based. Here you will find an overview of all our delicious recipes.